How to Apply
5 Easy Steps:
1. Complete the application form online in entirety
2. Have the school administrator complete the administrative form online
3. Follow the criteria published on the web site
4. Follow the essay guidelines given on the web site when writing the essay
5. Meet the deadlines for submission when they apply
Click HERE to view a video on How to Apply
1. Tell the reviewers about your goals.
- Describe any community services, volunteer service, or other activities that have influenced your life. Or, if you are applying for the Don Taylor Stepping Stone, tell about the current barriers/struggles you are experiencing which are affecting your continuation of school.
- Tell us both in about 300 words.
Tell the reviewers about your goals – Tell the reviewers what you want to do with your life, and how the scholarship fits into your goals.
Describe any community/volunteer service or other activities that have influenced your life. Or, describe the barrier/struggles you are experiencing if you are applying for the Don Taylor Stepping Stone Award. – Before the reviewers read your essay, you are only a name. This is an opportunity to become a person in the reviewer’s eyes. What influences your life? If you have not done much in community or volunteer service, then tell the reviewers about a person, a thing or event that has helped shape your life. If you are applying for the Don Taylor Stepping Stone Award, then tell the reviewers about your barriers and struggles and why this scholarship is important for you to continue your education.
Write about 300 words – Make 300 words your target. Most reviewers are not picky about the exact number of words. However, if you write significantly less than 300 words, you may not give the reviewers the opportunity to know you and/or your situation as well as other applicants. On the other hand, if you write significantly more than 300 words, the reviewers may become annoyed that you disregarded the instructions and penalize you by scoring you with a lower score on the essay.
Show the reviewers you know the mechanics of writing:
You should also display in your essay the correct mechanics of writing. So, please do your best to show us the following:
- Use paragraphs where appropriate;
- Write in essay form (this is NOT a letter);
- Spell, punctuate, and use grammar correctly.
Be yourself and good luck!
The Daymar Foundation wants to encourage students to continue their education by awarding students who demonstrate academic achievements, financial need, and a desire to continue their education.
The Daymar Foundation wants to award GED recipients and High School seniors, who have demonstrated academic achievements, balanced with community/volunteer service, and strong desire
*All award applicants must be a US citizen.
*If selected for an award the information will be verified.
*To be considered, the applications must be complete with all information required. and received by the stated deadline dates.